Thursday, August 12, 2010

a sneak peak at the new mini-light studio and writing table

They took my classroom apart to wax the floors. It is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because I can change it around and rethink different areas with a clean slate. It is a curse because Ive logged in 60 hours so far in doing so.

But it's well worth it, I think.

I've turned the whole west side of the room into a mini-studio. It includes the 'wet' art area (not pictured as it is still in process), the writing center, and a mini-light studio.


Here is a picture of the empty northwest corner (formerly the dramatic play area). It is now a light studio (the umbrella defines writing table). Comforters hang in between the classroom to help block noise. We should be getting walls by winter break.




I hung the weaving project in between the wet art area and the writing table to help define the areas while maintaing an open feel.



A close up of the light studio:



I've intentionally left wall space empty (SO hard to do) for projector work. I think I can use some painters tape to adhere paper to the wall so they can trace objects they are interested in.



Here are the shelves along the west wall that contain the studio materials: 


 


 

I arranged this shelf perpindicular to the 'wall' to also define the space between the wet area and the writing table.



I'm always open to dialouge! If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free to post!

The end!




4 comments:

  1. So fun! I miss it over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Ms. Erin. Looks like you've made a lot of changes.

    What type of schools supplies would you like for the parents to bring this year? Have you created a listing yet?

    Blessings that Overflow,

    Aliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so important to have a space where children can truly interact with the overhead projector - I have seen so many rooms that give the children the space to arrange the objects, but not to get up and use their bodies in the projection. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails