Tuesday, March 1, 2011

tape cassette spider web

I received a package of cassettes as a gift for our recycle center. Not sure what to do with them, I set them on the table for the children to tinker with. Pretty soon we had wads of cassette ribbon. We cut it up and put it in a basket for the birds to use in their nests.

Then I remembered how some of my fellow bloggers used surveyors flagging tape and thought maybe we could do something similar. I showed the students how to get started and they took off creating "tangles" of "spider webs."




They found interesting places to weave the tapes:
Some of the lab students got sacrificed in the process:


Finally, we discovered a child sneaking around and secretly cutting down the webs with a pair of scissors when we weren't looking, so our webs collapsed. Lucky it was cleanup time anyway!:
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails